Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
What short courses are subsidised by funding?
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (BSB41415) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $3,375.00
- Diploma in Work Health and Safety (BSB51315) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $3,450.94
- Diploma in Business (BSB50215) Fully Funded. CSQ Contribution $3,290.60
See our training calendar for scheduled dates of public courses.
Particpants under this agreement must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- a refugee and humanitarian visa holder.
- permanently reside is Queensland
- be permanently employed in Queensland.
- A current active Apprentice or Trainee in Queensland undertaking a Recognized Apprenticeship or Traineeship who Is in the 3 rd or 4 th year of their apprenticeship or Traineeship; or
- An Existing Work or Unemployed Eligible Worker in the first year out of their Recognised Apprenticeship or Traineeship who must commence training with 365 days of the completion date in DELTA; or
- A cancelled Apprentice or Trainee who was in their 3 rd or 4 th year undertaking a Recognised Apprenticeship or Traineeship that has been cancelled and they are currently accessing State Government funding to complete their institution-based training; or
- A current Apprentice or Trainee, who is in the 3 rd or 4 th year of their Apprenticeship or Traineeship who is working on a Major Project; or
- An Existing working in the first year out of their Recognised Apprenticeship or traineeship who must commence training within 365 days of the completion of DELTA who is working on a Major Project.
If you are unsure if you are in the building or construction industry, you may access this information on the CSQ website.
Recognised Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration (UEE32211)
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying (CPC30111)
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making (MSF31113)
- Certificate III in Carpentry (CPC30211)
- Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations (RII30815)
- Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining (COC31211)
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing (CPC31411)
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician (UEE30811)
- Certificate III in Fire Protection (CPC32813)
- Certificate III in Fire Protection Control (UEE31011)
- Certificate III in Flooring Technology (MSF30818)
- Certificate III in Gas Fitting (CPC32713)
- Certificate III in Glass and Glazing (MSF30418)
- Certificate III in Joinery (CPC31912)
- Certificate III in Landscape Construction (AHC30916)
- Certificate III in Painting and Decorating (CPC30611)
- Certificate III in Plumbing (CPC32413)
- Certificate III in Roof Plumbing (CPC32612)
- Certificate III in Roof Tiling (CPC30812)
- Certificate III in Shopfitting (CPC301116)
- Certificate III in Solid Plastering (CPC31011)
- Certificate III in Stonemasonry (Monumental/Installation) (CPC32313)
- Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling (CPC31311)
- Certificate III in Plumbing (Mechanical Services) (CPC3213)
- Certificate III in Civil Construction (RII30915)
- Certificate III in Civil Foundations (RII31215)
- Certificate III in Concreting (CPC30318)
- Certificate III in Dogging (CPC30511)
- Certificate III in Rigging (CPC30711)
- Certificate III in Scaffolding (CPC30911)
- Certificate III in Steelfixing (CPC31111)
- Certificate III in Trenchless Technology (RII31615)
Who is not eligible?
The participant must not be:
- an employee of any Authority (unless they are employed by an Indigenous Council that is a principle contractor);
- currently enrolled and participating in a Qld secondary school program;
- a contracted trainer or assessor or exisiting worker of an RTO;
- previoulsy funded under this Program in the came Contract Term;
- funded by an Authority or such other source for delivery of the same Training being undertaken as part of this program;or
- other individuals that do not meet participant eligibility as prescribed in ‘Who is Eligible?’ on the previous page.
The participation requirements of this program expect those completing a qualification to have handed in the below assessents by specific timelines:
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safery - assessments for 2 completed units must be submitted within 3 months.
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety - assessments for 1 completed unit must be submitted within 3 months.
- Diploma in Business - assessment for 1 completed unit must be be submitted within 3 months.
On enrolment you will be issued a Qualficiation Completion Plan that will assist you to stay on track of your qualification.
For public courses, please contact our office to ensure courses are going ahead prior to booking. To book in, please follow the instructions in the “Who is Eligible” section. If you do not want to apply for the funding, you will
only need to fill out and return an Enrolment & Training Agreement to book in. Asbestos training has a pre-requisite so please contact us for more information on this.
Please contact our office to book an on-site or dedicated course for your organisation (funded or not funded). Dates will only be locked in on the return of a signed quote/booking form, accompanied by funding paperwork for each participant, if relevant.