Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
What short courses are subsidised by funding?
Asbestos General Awareness training (non-accredited) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $187.50
Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (CPCCDE3014A) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $281.25
Supervise Asbestos Removal (CPCCBC4051A) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $281.25
Work Safely at Heights (CPCCCM2010B) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $375.00
Gas Test Atmospheres (MSMWHS217) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $252.50
Test and Tag training (UEENEEP026A) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $187.50
- Apply occupation Health and Safety regulaitions, codes and practices in the workplace (UEENEEE101A) Fully Funded. CSQ Contribution $300.00
Health & Safety Representatives (WHSQHRSNCB01) CSQ Funded. CSQ contribution $300.00
Establish legal and risk management requirements for small business (BSBSMB401) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $450.00
Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry (CPCCWHS2001) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $300
White Card (CPCCWHS1001) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $150
Confined Space Entry (RIIWHS202D) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $375.00
Work Safely at Heights (RIIWHS204D) Fully Funded. CSQ contribution $281.25
See our training calendar for scheduled dates of public courses.
Particpants under this agreement must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- a refugee and humanitarian visa holder.
- permanently reside is Queensland
- be permanently employed in Queensland.
- A current active Apprentice or Trainee in Queensland undertaking a Recognized Apprenticeship or Traineeship; or
- an Existing Work or Unemployed Eligible Worker in the first year out of their Recognised Apprenticeship or Traineeship who must commence training with 365 days of the completion date in DELTA; or
- A cancelled Apprentice or Trainee was undertaking a Recognised Apprenticeship or Traineeship that has been cancelled and they are currently accessing State Government funding to complete their institution-based training; or
- A current Apprentice or Trainee in Queensland undertaking a Recognised Apprenticeship or Traineeship who is working on a Major Project; or
- An Existing working in the first year out of their Recognised Apprenticeship or traineeship who must commence training within 365 days of the completion of DELTA who is working on a Major Project.
If you are unsure if you are in the building or construction industry, you may access this information on the CSQ website.
You must reside in Far North Queensland to apply for funding through Total Management and Training. If you are unsure please refer to this map.
Recognised Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration (UEE32211)
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying (CPC30111)
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making (MSF31113)
- Certificate III in Carpentry (CPC30211)
- Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations (RII30815)
- Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining (COC31211)
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing (CPC31411)
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician (UEE30811)
- Certificate III in Fire Protection (CPC32813)
- Certificate III in Fire Protection Control (UEE31011)
- Certificate III in Flooring Technology (MSF30818)
- Certificate III in Gas Fitting (CPC32713)
- Certificate III in Glass and Glazing (MSF30418)
- Certificate III in Joinery (CPC31912)
- Certificate III in Landscape Construction (AHC30916)
- Certificate III in Painting and Decorating (CPC30611)
- Certificate III in Plumbing (CPC32413)
- Certificate III in Roof Plumbing (CPC32612)
- Certificate III in Roof Tiling (CPC30812)
- Certificate III in Shopfitting (CPC301116)
- Certificate III in Solid Plastering (CPC31011)
- Certificate III in Stonemasonry (Monumental/Installation) (CPC32313)
- Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling (CPC31311)
- Certificate III in Plumbing (Mechanical Services) (CPC3213)
- Certificate III in Civil Construction (RII30915)
- Certificate III in Civil Foundations (RII31215)
- Certificate III in Concreting (CPC30318)
- Certificate III in Dogging (CPC30511)
- Certificate III in Rigging (CPC30711)
- Certificate III in Scaffolding (CPC30911)
- Certificate III in Steelfixing (CPC31111)
- Certificate III in Trenchless Technology (RII31615)
Who is not eligible?
The participant must not be:
- an employee of any Authority (unless they are employed by an Indigenous Council that is a principle contractor);
- currently enrolled and participating in a Qld secondary school program (excluding a school based Apprentice and Trainee);
- a contracted trainer or assessor or exisiting worker of an RTO;
- funded by an Authority or such other source for delivery of the same Training being undertaken as part of this program;
- those Participants seeking a Verification of Competency (or Determination of Competency) services under this agreement; or
- other individuals that do not meet participant eligibility as prescribed in ‘Who is Eligible?’ on the previous page.
Some of these short courses are scheduled on our public training calendar. Where we have reached our minimum numbers and the course is definitely running, funded places will be on offer (funding paperwork must accompany enrolment).
If you have a group, you may book a dedicated course for your organisation as long as you meet the minimum numbers of eligible funded attendees. Minimum numbers vary for each course, so please check with our friendly staff to determine how many people you need to meet this requirement. Maximum numbers for each course is set at 10 participants, and you must pay the per person amount indicated for each attendee; the balance is subsidised by CSQ.
If you don’t have enough people to cover the minimum numbers, you can still book a dedicated course, and you are simply charged the difference between how much the funded people cover and the full course cost. Our team will assist you in calculating the residual cost if this situation arises.
Additional Costs and Expenses
Where training is conducted outside the immediate Cairns area then additional costs will be applicable. Any airfares, travel, accommodation, meals and materials freight incurred in the provision of this training will be on-charged. Please contact us for a formal quotation for courses conducted outside of Cairns.
Course Venue and Equipment
These courses may be conducted in our training rooms in Cairns, or on-site at client premises. Where courses are conducted on-site then a suitable venue and white board are to be provided by the client company. The venue shall have sufficient tables and chairs for participants to be seated comfortably for the duration of training. Any catering costs shall be borne by the client company. Please contact us to discuss alternate arrangements if there is any difficulty in providing these facilities and equipment.
For public courses, please contact our office to ensure courses are going ahead prior to booking. To book in, please follow the instructions in the “Who is Eligible” section. If you do not want to apply for the funding, you will
only need to fill out and return an Enrolment & Training Agreement to book in. Asbestos training has a pre-requisite so please contact us for more information on this.
Please contact our office to book an on-site or dedicated course for your organisation (funded or not funded). Dates will only be locked in on the return of a signed quote/booking form, accompanied by funding paperwork for each participant, if relevant.