Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent, not-for-profit, industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
This program will target skilled workers who want to increase their depth of knowledge and possibly transition into higher level roles. For some, this will alleviate the rigour of the manual labour associated with being on a construction site. It could also mean that they will have the training they need to adopt more supervisory roles on site.
What qualifications are subsidised by funding?
|Code||Qualification||CSQ Contribution||Participant to Pay|
|BSB41419||Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety||$2,700.00||Fully Funded|
Participants under this agreement must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- a visa holder with relevant permission to work
- An Eligible Worker employed in Queensland within the building and construction industry (including relevant clerical, administration and professional staff whose employer is part of the building and construction industry); or
- Self-employed within the building and construction industry; or
- an Unemployed Eligible Worker is a person who has been unemployed for a period of not greater than 4 years that would otherwise meet the requirement of the Eligible Worker; or
- An active apprentice or trainee undertaking a CSQ approved apprenticeship or traineeship who has completed 50% or more of the registered training plan;
- An eligible worker or unemployed eligible worker in the first year out of their CSQ apprenticeship or traineeship (must commence training with 365 days of the completion date); or
- A cancelled Apprentice or Trainee was undertaking a CSQ approved apprenticeship or traineeship that has been cancelled and have completed 50% or more of the training plan and is currently accessing State Government funding to complete their institution based training.
If you are unsure if you are in the building or construction industry or to confirm if you are an eligible worker, you may access this information on the CSQ website.
You must reside in Far North Queensland to apply for funding through Total Management and Training. If you are unsure please refer to this map.
Who is not eligible?
The participant must not be:
- an employee of any Authority (employees of Local Council are acceptable);
- currently enrolled and participating in a Qld secondary school program;
- a contracted trainer or assessor or existing worker of an RTO;
- already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as apart of the relevant program;
- participant seeking verification of competency.
The participation requirements of this program expect those completing a qualification to have handed in the below assesments by specific timelines:
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety - assessments for 2 completed units must be submitted within 3 months.
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety - assessments for 1 completed unit must be submitted within 3 months.
On enrolment you will be issued a Qualification Completion Plan that will assist you to stay on track of your qualification.
You will need to complete two forms to enrol into a course and access the CSQ Funding.
1. Enrolment and Training Agreement
2. Higher Qualification Form - Building Specific
For public courses, please contact our office to ensure courses are going ahead prior to booking.
Please contact our office to book an on-site or dedicated course for your organisation (funded or not funded). Dates will only be locked in on the return of a signed quote/booking form, accompanied by funding paperwork for each participant, if relevant.