Any person who conducts construction-type work in Queensland. Construction type work means work that contributes directly to the erection, construction, extension or structural alteration of a building or part of a building, civil construction or demolition work. This study provides new and existing building and construction industry participants with the introductory understanding and knowledge needed to commence or continue work in the building and construction industry.
There are no specific requirements for entry into this course.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- determine and apply basic risk management concepts in relation to construction type work
- read, interpret and apply all safety instructions as required
- identify and follow standard work procedures in the event of an emergency
- report hazards and potential workplace incidents to appropriate personnel
- determine their roles, rights and responsibilities under laws
How will I be assessed?
Participant’s competencies will be assessed through completion of theory and practical activities. Practical activities include a verbal discussion with a trainer/assessor, and a visual demonstration of putting on certain items of PPE.
Please note TMT will supply the PPE for students to use for their demonstration.
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with a statement of attainment for the unit of competency CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry, and a White Card.
Click on the ENROL button below for an enrolment form and email the completed form back to Total Management and Training along with payment and the appropriate identification*. Please advise on the enrolment form what day you will be visiting our training rooms to undertake the White Card assessment, as we need to ensure a trainer/assessor is available to assess you.
You have the option to simply turn up at Total Management and Training, 30 Minnie Street, Cairns before 12pm to undertake the White Card course immediately; however we strongly suggest to contact us first (office opens at 8.30am) to confirm that a trainer/assessor will be available on the day to sign you off.
Proof of identity must be obtained before training commences. Details of the evidence sighted will be recorded either by photocopy and signed verification by TMT staff member or by noting the relevant identifying details.
Proof of Identity Evidence
- Photographic identification (original or certified copies)
- Current and valid driver’s license issued by an Australian State or Territory
- An adult proof of age card
- Current and valid passport
- Student identification card
- If no photo identification is available, original or certified copies of at least three other forms of identification will be accepted under the Financial Transaction Reports Act 1988 of which one must bear the current address. For example:
- Medicare Card
- Birth Certificate
- Credit Card
- Land Title Record
- Rates Notice
- Public Utility Account
- Land Line Telephone Account
- Centrelink approved proof of identity