All persons with work activities related to a confined space including those who:
- perform work in or on confined spaces
- have responsibility for the direct control of work in confined spaces
- are involved in emergency response and first aid procedures
Please note to book onto this course, you must be currently GEMCO site inducted and authorised.
Please also check to ensure you are booking into the correct course, as there are separate courses for Territorians, and Interstate FIFO.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- outline appropriate legislative requirements and responsibilities
- identify scope of permits to work and complete permits to work
- use safety equipment and personal protective equipment
- work in accordance with, and complete permitted work in a confined space
- apply basic risk management concepts
- enter and control confined space work
- observe permitted work
- conclude confined space operations
- emergency response and equipment requirements
Your competencies will be assessed through completion of theory and practical exercises. Upon successful completion of the course you will be issued with a statement of attainment for RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces.
For those undertaking GEMCO courses, all equipment is supplied, however each participant will require a safety helmet, work clothing, safety footwear, gloves and eye protection.
Make a Booking
Click on the link in the right hand column which reads BOOK ME A PLACE.
Please make sure you book into the correct course - choose either Territorian, or Interstate FIFO.