The course is relevant to those who work at height and use safety harnesses and fall arrest equipment or those who are required to supervise others working at heights.
Please note to book onto this course, you must be currently GEMCO site inducted and authorised.
Please also check to ensure you are booking into the correct course, as there are separate courses for Territorians, and Interstate FIFO.
What will I learn?
This nationally accredited course offers a comprehensive introduction to safe working at height. The course includes a guide to legislation, regulations and the standards governing working at heights. Participants will be taken through height safety including the selection and use of fall prevention, fall restraint and fall arrest devices.
The practical component of the course covers choosing and correctly fitting a harness, and gives the participants a chance to wear and use a harness, as well as awareness of emergency response procedures.
It will also cover:
- What classifies as ‘Working at Heights’
- What does the legislation say
- Risk assessment and hazard control
- Site specific hazard and height work analyses
- Plan and prepare for safe work practice
- Introduction to fall protection equipment including fall prevention, fall restraint and fall arrest devices
- Select and inspect the fall protection equipment
- Safe work with ladders and roofs
- Monitoring of safe work practices
- Emergency response and rescue requirements
- Incident reporting
On successful completion of both the online theory and practical components of the course, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights.
For those undertaking GEMCO courses, all equipment is supplied, however each participant will require a safety helmet, work clothing, safety footwear, gloves and eye protection.
How to Book
Click on the link in the right hand column which says BOOK ME A PLACE.
Please ensure you pick to correct course to book into - either Territorian, or Interstate FIFO.