This is refresher training for the Fire Safety Adviser qualification which reassesses the eight units of competency within the original course.
This course is appropriate for current Fire Safety Advisers (FSA) who wish to become re-certified and continue their FSA role. This refresher course reminds participants of the skills and knowledge required to assume the role and responsibilities of a Fire Safety Advisor in accordance with the Queensland Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008. It thoroughly addresses any recent changes in legislation and equips participants to advise on appropriate emergency planning and refamiliarise themselves with all aspects of building fire safety.
Ensure the FSA has a good working knowledge of the Queensland Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008
Ensure the FSA understands the relationship to AS/NZ 3745:2010 Planning for emergencies in facilities
Ensure the FSA understands associated obligations to plan for all emergencies in the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011
Ensure the FSA understands the regulators role
How is the course run?
The Fire Safety Adviser Refresher course is theoretical in structure, and the assessment consists of a series of questions to check existing knowledge. Participants will also need to provide a portfolio of evidence as per the next tab, as well as a copy of their Statement of Attainment for Fire Safety Adviser, and their last refresher Statement of Attendance/Attainment if they have been accredited for a period of time.
- PUAWER001B - Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations
- PUAWER002B - Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
- PUAWER003B - Manage and monitor workplace emergency, procedures, equipment and other resources
- PUAWER004B - Respond to workplace emergencies
- PUAWER005B - Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
- PUAWER006B - Lead an emergency control organisation
- PUAWER007B - Manage an emergency control organisation
- PUAWER008B - Confine small workplace emergencies ￼
Can previous study and experience be taken into account? (RPL)
Yes, your history of study, skills and experience can be taken into account but it must support the performance criteria set out in the units of competency. Documentary evidence and interview will be required.
To successfully complete this course the participant will be required to undertake formal assessment activities in addition to providing the following portfolio:
- their existing Statement of Attainment for Fire Safety Adviser
- their existing Statement of Attendance or Attainment for FSA Refresher training if they have been accredited for a period of time
- copy of a fire evacuation plan the participant has worked on
- copy of a fire evacuation diagram the participant has developed or been involved in the review of
- copy of an evacuation drill report or training reports including evacuation
- a completed fire safety audit the participant has undertaken
- a risk assessment relating to fire safety.
Participants who have not been actively using their FSA qualification in the last three years, and cannot provide the above evidence should discuss their skills and knowledge with the trainer prior to enrolling in the refresher course.
Participants who successfully undertake assessment activities, and provide appropriate portfolio documentation will be issued a Statement of Attainment, showing they have been re-assessed in their competency as a Fire Safety Adviser.
Course Venue & Equipment
Where courses are conducted on-site then a suitable venue, data projector and white board are to be provided by the client company. The venue shall have sufficient space for the participants to be seated comfortably for the duration of training. Any catering costs shall be borne by the client company. Please contact us to discuss alternate arrangements if there is any difficulty in providing these facilities and equipment.
Additional Costs and Expenses
Where the training is conducted outside the immediate Cairns or Townsville area then additional costs will be applicable. Any air fares, travel, accommodation, meals and materials freight incurred in the provision of this training will be on -charged. Mileage will be charged at 80¢ (plus GST) per kilometre and traveling time will be charged at our standard rates. Please contact us for a formal quotation for courses conducted outside of Cairns or Townsville.
Please note there is no public face-to-face delivery scheduled at this time; however you may enrol in online, self-paced study to undertake your Fire Safety Adviser Refresher at any time. Simply click on the enrol now button to enrol in this program of study.
How do I book a dedicated course?
A group course may be booked for your organisation, for up to 10 participants. Please contact us if you would like to schedule a course. Dates will be scheduled at the time of a signed booking approval, and will be subject to trainer availability.