Any person taking on the role of supervisor in worksites within coal, extractive and metalliferous mining, drilling or civil construction industries.
What will they learn?
The aim of the course is to provide participants with a basic understanding of the task requirements of a supervisor role, which takes into account risk management, health and safety investigations and communication.
Please note this course is delivered for the FIFO workforce of Groote Eylandt Mining Company (GEMCO). Limited public places are on offer, although be aware the course is heavily contextualised to GEMCO's operations.
At the completion of the course participants will have an understanding of their role as a supervisor, including being able to:
- Plan and prepare for risk management and communicating information
- Identify and assess unacceptable risk
- Identify and recommend risk controls
- Contribute to the implementation of risk controls
- Review risk management documentation
- Communicate to achieve work activity outcomes
- Develop and perform work activity presentation
- Participate in resolving conflicts
- Determining investigation objectives and developing plans
- Gather and evaluate information, and identify courses of action
- Prepare and present investigation reports
Participants will be assessed via theory assessment and practical activity. At successful completion of the course participants will receive a nationally accredited Statement of Attainment including the units RIIRIS301E Apply Risk Management Processes, RIIWHS301E Conduct Safety and Health Investigations, RIICOM301E Communicate Information.
How to Book
These courses are being run by Groote Eylandt Mining Company (GEMCO) for their Cairns FIFO workforce. They are offering a limited number of public places on each course. To gain a place on the course, please click on the "BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE" link in the right hand column.