Total Management and Training is committed to informed decision making. It is not in our students’ interests nor in our own for people to enrol in programs of study that are in any way unsuitable for them.
To ensure your expectations match our reality, we invite you to consider each of the following questions before deciding to enrol. It is a short list but an important one.
Please consider each question carefully:
- Do you have the ability to work independently, and seek assistance when required?
- Do you have any prior study, work experience or employment that is related to this program of study? Are you currently employed in a role that is related to this program of study?
- Have you spoken with our staff about any possible barriers that you are aware of, which may prevent you from succeeding with this program of study?
- For students enrolling in programs with the intention of gaining RPL or upgrading through credit transfer, have you familiarised yourself with the various unit and program requirements, either through conversation with a Trainer or through reading of the units of competency available at training.gov.au, to confirm you are likely to meet the requirements?
- For RPL, do you have someone who possesses at least the qualification you are seeking to attain and has relevant recent experience who can comment on your knowledge and skills?
- Do you have the necessary computer skills and Windows-based IT-resources, which can access the Internet, and have Word installed and enabled, to participate in the program?
- Have you received sufficient information to ensure you know what your program of study involves, its prerequisites, and how it will be delivered and assessed, including the availability and suitability of units?
- Have you read through each Chapter of the Total Management and Training Student Handbook and in doing so are aware of, among other things: your rights and how they will be protected; the training products and support services being offered by Total Management and Training; the fees, refunds and related conditions associated with this course; procedures for extending and/or deferring this course; and, the complaints, appeals, anti-discrimination and privacy policies as outlined by Total Management and Training?
- Are you aware of the practical requirements for your chosen program? These are available in each of the specific course tabs above.
- Are you aware of the LLN requirements for your chosen program? (Note: Further details of these are provided below. If you would like to have your LLN skill levels evaluated prior to commencing please contact us)
If you have answered “No” to any questions, we require you to speak with us prior to enrolling so that we can be sure that you are enrolling in a program that is suitable to your needs, and advise you if the program is not suitable. Please contact us here.
Specific requirements additional to those listed above for each of our main program areas are included in each of the named tabs above.
Those entering this program must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area.
Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification. For most people, this will simply be a matter of providing a copy of some other qualification, skill set, or statement of attainment.
If you do not possess formal credentials, then we would require you to provide your resume which shows your broad industry knowledge and experience, combined with a position description and Third Party Report from someone who can attest to your experience.
Skills Required to Undertake Programs
- Researching on the Internet
- Moving information between documents
- Reading / filling in tables and matricies
- Filling in forms (comprehensively)
- Typing up short reports
In addition to the items listed in the first tab, students must also take into account the additional requirements to complete the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment qualifications. You will need access to the following:
- A group of at least 8 learners to deliver training to, and not less than 2 individuals with whom to practise and deliver training in the workplace or in a simulated workplace environment. Please refer to the Assessment tab on our TAE40116 information page to find out how we can assist with this.
- Not less than one individual will need to have LLN support needs. TMT can assist with this requirement.
- Not less than 5 individuals with whom to practise and conduct assessment. We can assist with this requirement. Please refer to the Assessment tab on our TAE40116 information page.
- Suitably qualified observers (ideally they will hold the TAE40110/TAE40116 Cert IV TAE or higher TAE qualification) for the observation of you conducting assessment, and either suitably qualified observer/s or video recording facilities for the observation or recording of your delivery of training. For those choosing classroom training, our own trainers may take on this role.
- Suitable venues in which to conduct the above if you are not planning on attending classes with TMT.
All potential students should consult with a Trainer prior to enrolling to ensure they are aware of the requirements for the units that they wish to enrol in.
TAE40116 Upgrade Programs + TAELLN411 and TAEASS502 Single Unit Programs
In addition to the items listed in the first tab, students must also take into account the additional requirements to complete the relevant subset of the TAE40116 qualification as per below:
- Suitably qualified observers (ideally they will hold the TAE40110 + TAEASS502 + TAELLN411 / TAE40116 Cert IV TAE or higher TAE qualification) for the observation of you delivering training for LLN, conducting validation and trialling assessment tools, and either suitably qualified observer/s or video recording facilities for the observation or recording of your delivery of training. If you are attending classroom training, then our trainer/assessors may be able to take on this role.
- Access to persons to trial/review assessment tools (for TAEASS401-502), and conduct assessment validation (for TAEASS403). If you are attending classroom training, our trainer/assessors may be able to take on this role.
- For programs involving TAELLN411, access to a real vocation learner with LLN support needs. TMT can assist with this requirement.
Clauses 1.13-16 of the Standards for RTOs (2015) make clear the requirements for Trainers/Assessors from 1 July, 2019, which states training and assessment is delivered only by persons who have the training and assessment credentials specified in Item 2 or Item 3 of Schedule 1.
People intending on enrolling in any program, or single unit, are advised to refer to the Schedule listed above, and prior to enrolling, satisfy themselves regarding what they need to do (if anything) in order to meet the requirements, and if unsure, to contact us to gain specific advice based on specific circumstances.
When you have carefully considered the above information and are satisfied you meet all requirements, we invite you to enrol by clicking here - Enrol Now
TMT delivers this qualification in partnership with Fortress Learning RTO 31974