To give participants an understanding of a proactive and preventative approach to work health and safety. To build upon the health and safety knowledge and experience of employees, safety advisors, elected health and safety representatives (who have already undertaken HSR training), health and safety officers, and other health and safety practitioners.
This qualification is suitable for people in a work health and safety (WHS) role who may or may not work under supervision. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others. The qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Familiarise themselves with WHS laws, rights and duties
- Undertake WHS inspections and complete documentation
- Understand hazard identification and the effective control of hazards
- Critically examine the concept of risk assessment and management systems
- Respond to incidents and assist with implementing emergency procedures
- Undertake rehabilitation and return-to-work coordination
- Manage contractors and implement measures and initiatives
Upon successful completion of assessment tasks (or the RPL process if you have taken that pathway) you will receive the BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety qualification.
At TMT one of our points of difference is the ongoing and varied support options available to you - which can be mixed and matched to suit your circumstances.
Are you highly experienced and already in a safety role, but just don’t have a piece of paper to show for it? You may choose to enrol in the online option with no classroom attendance, and smash out those assessments with ease.
New to the industry and wanting to gain knowledge and skills? You may decide to attend classroom sessions over a period of time or join an intensive.
Everyone is different - therefore we structure our courses to accommodate those differences and provide people with the option of buying the best course for them.
Choose your own Adventure!
Online, self-paced, classroom intensive, scheduled workshops... You are the master of your own destiny with this one. We provide a series of options for you to build a course of study which best suits your circumstances and personal study style.
Many people choose training providers purely on price, without understanding what they will get for their money. Extremely cheap courses of study generally provide no trainer support, and many students never finish their studies, because it all becomes too hard. Therefore take care when choosing providers based purely on price.
Your Journey Starts Here
The online only price to study the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is $500 for a 12 month enrolment*.
Does adding a 5 day intensive workshop float ya boat? We can add that, and throw in a hard copy text book. Package price is $1850 for a 12 month enrolment.
Or you can choose our 5 scheduled facilitated workshops spread over a 4 month period, instead of the intensive workshop, for the same $1850 price.
Please note there are no refunds if you miss scheduled workshops or days during the intensive. You do have the option to complete these days self-paced or attend the classes again in the following 6 months.
*If you wish to purchase a text book it is worth $70.
- GET IT DONE Sessions. During these scheduled days you will have access to our student study room (including computers) and one of our trainers if you require any assistance.
- A training and assessment plan customised to your circumstances
- Comprehensive learning resources, including our own WHS eBook, plus useful templates
- Industry sourced video content
- One hour of one-on-one trainer tuition time - can be used in minimum 15 minute blocks
- Ongoing assistance and guidance from our Support Team
What Do I Bring to Class?
We have student laptops available for use in the classroom, as your studies will require the use of this technology both online and offline. If you wish to bring your own laptop computer (or decent tablet or notebook) please ensure you are familiar with using it and researching online, as we cannot provide IT assistance during the classroom facilitation. Please note iPads generally cannot do the tasks we require, so they are not recommended. Government or corporate laptops are also not recommended due to the security restrictions they have with regards to accessing the Internet.
Time Required to Complete
How long will this take me to complete? This is a common question, and difficult to answer, as everyone is different. Some work faster than others, have existing experience, and prior knowledge. They will probably complete faster. If you have a good study ethic, available time, and chip away at the assessments on a regular basis, you can most likely get this done in a 6 month timeframe or even sooner. If you have limited time, and/or study is challenging for you, give yourself the full 12 months to complete.
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs
- BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- DEFWHS016 Conduct work health and safety inspections
- PUAWER002B Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have previous competencies, skills and/or experience relevant to the units your are about to study, which can be verified via documentary or other evidence, please ask us about Recognition of Prior Learning. You will be asked a series of questions, and participate in a “competency conversation” with a trainer to ascertain your level of skill and knowledge. Your history of study, skills and experience will be taken into account, and where your experience supports the criteria included in the units of competency, this will be used to reduce the amount of study you need to do for this qualification.
Whilst no licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication; relevant national, state and territory legislation, regulations and codes of practice impact upon this qualification.
The harmonised WHS legislation brings with it the need for health and safety advisors to hold appropriate qualifications.
Workplace Health & Safety Queensland and other State and Territory Regulators support the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety as an appropriate qualification for Safety Advisors or Workplace Health and Safety Officers.
How to Enrol
If you wish to enrol in the Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety, please click on the ENROL NOW button, fill in and email or post a completed enrolment form back to Total Management and Training, stating which delivery option you prefer.
To assist with affordability, any individuals enrolling in face-to-face delivery of this qualification may enter into a payment plan where an initial small payment is taken up front, and further instalments are deducted via direct debit over a period of time.
For further information, please read the Student Information Handbook which is located at the bottom of our website.