This qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts. This course provides skills to:
- Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
- Manage WHS hazards and risks
- Investigate WHS incidents
- Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management and information systems
- Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
- Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
This course will provide participants with a professional qualification enabling the graduate to fulfil the role of WHS Supervisor or Manager in an organisation.
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety is designed to develop your understanding of WHS Management Systems. It will build on your existing WHS knowledge and experience, qualifying you to participate in the coordination and management of WHS information and data systems.
You will learn to assist in the design and development of WHS arrangements, apply principles of WHS risk management and manage hazards in the workplace, facilitate the application of WHS principles to control risk and manage the investigation on incidents.
Please note your enrolment in this qualification is for a set period, and will expire automatically after two years. If you have not completed your qualification in this time, an extension may be granted, however this must be done within six months of your enrolment expiring, and will incur an administrative fee of $500. Once a qualification has expired, and no extension is sought, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for any units which were completed during the enrolment timeframe.
This is a nationally accredited qualification which forms part of the Australian Qualifications Framework. On successful completion of all assessments you will receive BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
Pathways from this qualification include Advanced Diploma in WHS; and students may continue through to a PhD in Philosophy (OHS) at participating Universities.
All core units in BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
Recognition of Prior Learning
Your history of study, skills and experience can be taken into account but it must support the criteria included in the above units of competency. Documentary evidence and interview will be required.
- BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
- BSBWHS504 Manage WHS hazards and risks
- BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS507 Contribute to managing WHS information systems
- BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
- BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
This qualification may be undertaken as online study via our Student Portal. For those who would like hard copy workbooks and assessments, these can be included for an extra fee. All students will receive full support from a dedicated trainer via telephone, email or Skype for the duration of their studies.
If you wish to enrol in the Diploma of Work Health & Safety, fill in and fax, email or post a completed enrolment form back to Total Management and Training along with initial payment of $1,500. A final payment of $600 will fall due once assessments have been submitted online for marking. For those who have ordered hard copy workbooks and assessments, final payment will be $1000.
To assist with affordability, any individuals enrolling in this qualification may enter into a payment plan where an initial smaller payment is taken up front, and further instalments are deducted via direct debit over a period of time. Payment plans will not incur any additional fees.