This qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts. This course provides skills to:
- Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
- Manage WHS hazards and risks
- Investigate WHS incidents
- Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management and information systems
- Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
- Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
This course will provide participants with a professional qualification enabling the graduate to fulfil the role of WHS Supervisor or Manager in an organisation.
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety is designed to develop your understanding of WHS Management Systems. It will build on your existing WHS knowledge and experience, qualifying you to participate in the coordination and management of WHS information and data systems.
You will learn to assist in the design and development of WHS arrangements, apply principles of WHS risk management and manage hazards in the workplace, facilitate the application of WHS principles to control risk and manage the investigation on incidents.
This is a nationally accredited qualification which forms part of the Australian Qualifications Framework. On successful completion of all assessments you will receive BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
Pathways from this qualification include Advanced Diploma in WHS and University.
All core units in BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response.
Recognition of Prior Learning
A student’s history of study, skills and experience can be considered but it must support the criteria included in the units of competency within the qualification. Documentary evidence covering the criteria of each unit of competency will be required.
If you wish to RPL please contact us and we will provide you with a RPL kit and pricing.
- BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
- BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
- BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS517 Contribute to managing a WHS information system
- BSBWHS518 Manage WHS hazards associated with maintenance and use of plant
- BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
- 2 x Elective Units will be determined when you enrol
If you wish to enrol in the Diploma in Work Health & Safety, please click on the ENROL NOW button, fill in and email or post a completed enrolment form back to Total Management and Training.
To assist with affordability, you may enter into a payment plan where an initial small payment is taken up front, and further instalments are deducted via direct debit over a period of time.
For further information, please read the Student Information Handbook which is located at the bottom of our website.