People who are already Health and Safety Representatives, and those who sit on Health and Safety Committees.
What will I learn?
Participants will develop a sound knowledge of:
- The role and function of the health and safety committee
- The purpose of work health and safety legislation and have a broad knowledge of its contents.
- What is required for a health and safety committee to function satisfactorily.
- Workplace hazards and understand how those hazards can be controlled
- What is required to conduct risk assessment and determine effective controls.
- The cause of workplace accidents/incidents.
We can provide support in some areas. Where we cannot we will provide direction to other agencies who may be able to assist.
How will I be assessed and what will I receive?
The course is theory based, however it is supported by case studies and group work which help participants in the learning process. Upon successful completion of the course you will be issued with a Statement of Attendance.
The course is usually conducted in our training rooms in Cairns. Where courses are conducted on-site then a suitable venue and white board are to be provided by the client company. The venue shall have sufficient space for the participants to be seated comfortably for the duration of training. Any catering costs shall be borne by the client company. Please contact us to discuss alternate arrangements if there is any difficulty in providing these facilities and equipment.
Where the training is conducted outside the immediate Cairns area additional costs will be applicable. Any airfares, travel, accommodation, meals and materials freight incurred in the provision of this training will be on-charged. Mileage will be charged at 80¢ (plus GST) per kilometre (if driving is required) and traveling time will be charged at our standard rates. Please contact us for a formal quotation for courses conducted outside of Cairns.