All persons who have a responsibility for the health and safety of employees, contractors or who are self employed.
The Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 places duties on officers, managers and supervisors to ensure that persons under their control are not exposed to risks to their health and safety.
There is now a stronger emphasis on consulting with workers, issue resolution and increased duties of health and safety representatives.
What will participants learn?
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the basic skills and knowledge to enable them to manage their workplace health and safety obligations.
Who is eligible to undertake this training?
There are no specific requirements for entry into this course.
This course provides the participants with the skills and competencies to:
- Understand the purpose and application of Work Health & Safety legislation and have a broad knowledge of its contents.
- Understand workplace health and safety duties, determine how they should be met and understand the consequences of failure to meet those duties.
- Understand the application of workplace health and safety consultation and communication arrangements.
- Source and apply workplace health and safety information to issues in the workplace.
- Apply the risk management process, including identification, assessment and control of workplace hazards and risks.
- Understand the cause of workplace incidents.
- Understand the need for workplace health and safety performance monitoring.
Upon successful completion of assessments, participants will gain a Statement of Attainment for BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements.
Where courses are conducted on-site then a suitable venue, data projector and white board are to be provided by the client company. The venue shall have sufficient space for the participants to be seated comfortably for the duration of training. Any catering costs shall be borne by the client company. Please contact us to discuss alternate arrangements if there is any difficulty in providing these facilities and equipment.
Where the training is conducted outside the immediate Cairns area then additional costs will be applicable. Any airfares, travel, accommodation, meals and materials freight incurred in the provision of this training will be on-charged. Mileage will be charged at 80¢ (plus GST) per kilometre and traveling time will be charged at our standard rates. Please contact us for a formal quotation for courses conducted outside of Cairns.