This course is aimed at:
- Alerting workers and managers alike to issues associated with asbestos in the workplace and homes.
- Training workers who are involved in minor asbestos removal work and asbestos related work (e.g. installation or maintenance where asbestos is present) in the identification and safe handling of, and suitable control measures for, asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM).
- This course is also suitable for the home renovator or project handy-man who may come in contact with asbestos or ACM in their own homes or investment property renovations.
The course does not address the training requirements of workers conducting licensed asbestos removal work (Class A or Class B) being:
- removal of friable asbestos or ACM; or
- removal of more than 10m2 of non-friable asbestos or ACM
Please refer to our website for further information and links to WHSQ’s website.
A person conducting a business or undertaking must ensure that workers engaged by the person, whom the person reasonably believes may be involved in asbestos removal work or in the carrying out of asbestos-related work, are trained in the identification and safe handling of, and suitable control measures for, asbestos and ACM.
What will they learn?
This four hour session provides guidance on identifying asbestos containing materials, understanding the risks posed by asbestos and how to manage and work safely in areas where asbestos may be suspected or confirmed.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the risks posed by asbestos.
- Identify potential sources of asbestos in the workplace.
- Understand the WHS legislative requirements regarding asbestos management in the workplace, including availability of an asbestos register.
- Work safely in areas where asbestos and ACM are present.
- Safely handle and dispose of asbestos and ACM.
What will I receive at the conclusion of the course?
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attendance.
Where the training is conducted outside the immediate Cairns area, additional costs will be applicable. Any airfares, travel, accommodation, meals and materials freight incurred in the provision of this training will be on-charged. Mileage will be charged at 80¢ (plus GST) per kilometre and traveling time will be charged at our standard rates. Please contact us for a formal quotation for courses conducted outside of Cairns.
Where courses are conducted on-site, then a suitable venue, data projector and white board are to be provided by the client company. The venue shall have sufficient space for the participants to be seated comfortably for the duration of the training. Any catering costs shall be borne by the client company. Please contact us to discuss alternate arrangements if there is any difficulty in providing these facilities and equipment.